Wild Rice Quiche Florentine
By August 13, 2012Published:
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- 1.5 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cups finely chopped leek
- 1/4 cups parsley finely chopped
- 1 cup light cream or half and half
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh spinach or 5 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 9-inch pie crust
- plain yogurt or dairy sour cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- Sauté the leek in the butter about 2 minutes.
- Combine this with the wild rice, parsley, spinach, salt, pepper and walnuts.
- Add the eggs and light cream and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 325° and continue baking 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let set about 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve as a main dish with a dollop of yogurt or dairy sour cream.