Chicken Breast with Wild Rice Nut Stuffing
By August 13, 2012Published:
- 10 whole chicken breast boned, pounded thin
- 3 cups water
- 1.5 cups onion minced
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1 cup California Wild Rice uncooked
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup chicken liver chopped
- 10.5 oz oyster mushrooms cleaned and coursely chopped
- Bring wild rice, water, bay leaves and 3/4 cup minced onion to a boil.
- Simmer 40 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, remove bay leaves; set aside.
- Sauté chicken livers and remaining onion in butter 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, walnuts and parsley; sauté briefly. Combine with wild rice mixture, salt and pepper.
- Divide stuffing equally onto chicken, roll and tie carefully; season with salt and pepper.
- Fry in oil and butter approximately 8 minutes per side.
- Serve with Marsala Cream Sauce if desired:
Lightly brown 10 crushed juniper berries, add 1/2 cup marsala wine and then 1 cup cream. Reduce liquid slightly (approximately 5 minutes); adjust seasonings.