Creamy Asparagus and Wild Rice Soup
By August 13, 2012Published:
- Yield: 10 Servings
Healthy, nutritious and oh so tasty! California wild rice adds a nutty, chewy flavor to already delicious asparagus.
Recipe courtesy of: California Wild Rice Advisory Board
- 2 lbs fresh green asparagus
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups vegatable broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups California Wild Rice cooked
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp grount white pepper
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 10 fronds chervil leaves as garnish
- Cut off asparagus tips, blanch 1 minute in boiling salted water, drain; set aside.
- Cut remaining asparagus into bite-size pieces; sauté in butter 2 minutes. Add broth to cover asparagus; simmer until tender.
- Pour mixture into blender; purée.
- In soup kettle, combine purée mixture, remaining broth, cream, wild rice, asparagus tips, salt, pepper and lemon juice; heat through.
- Garnish each serving with chervil.