Golden Gate Wild Rice Cioppino
By August 13, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
Longing for the scent of fresh seafood and tomatoes from the little Italian restaurant near the Bay? Don't leave your heart in San Francisco; create that aroma in your own kitchen!
Recipe courtesy of: California Wild Rice Advisory Board
- 2 cup onion chopped
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 can (28 oz) whole tomatoes (28 oz) drained and chopped
- 1 bottle (8 oz) clam juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp basil crushed
- 1/2 tsp oregano crushed
- 1/2 tsp rosemary crushed
- 2 cups California Wild Rice cooked
- 6 large clams well scrubbed
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1/2 lb scallops halved crosswise
- In large stockpot or Dutch oven, sauté onion, green pepper and garlic in oil until onion is soft.
- Add wine, tomatoes, clam juice, bay leaf, basil, oregano, rosemary and pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Add rice and bring to a simmer. Add clams; cook until clams open. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Add shrimp and scallops; cook until shrimp turns pink, about 2 to 3 minutes; do not over cook.
- Sprinkle with parsley.