Pork and Wild Rice Chili
By August 13, 2012Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
Going to the game? You'll score with this hearty dish. It's an easy one-course meal that will have tailgate partiers rushing back for more!
Recipe courtesy of: California Wild Rice Advisory Board
Nutrition per serving (without Monterey Jack cheese and cilantro): 301 cal; 37 g carb; 26 g pro; 7 g fat (20% cal from fat); 35 mg chol; 5 g fiber; 902 mg sod.
- 1 lb boneless pork loin cut into 1/2 in. cubes
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp oregano crushed
- 2 cans (4 oz) chopped green chilies
- 3/4 cup Gibbs-California Wild Rice
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 1 can (18 oz) white kernel corn drained
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- 6 sprigs cilantro (optional)
- In large saucepan, sauté pork and onion in oil over medium-high heat until onion is soft and pork lightly browned.
- Add cumin, oregano, wild rice, chicken broth, corn and green chilies.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until rice is tender and grains have puffed open.
- Serve garnished with cheese and cilantro, if desired.