Wild Rice and Spinach Salad
By August 13, 2012Published:
- 2 cups California Wild Rice cooked, drained well and cooled
- 1/2 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 2 chicken breasts poached and cooled
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups fresh spinach torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup ham cooked, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing (oil and vinegar type)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Prepare the wild rice, spinach, green onion and bacon.
- Remove meat from chicken breast in large chunks or "shreds."
- Combine salad dressing, soy sauce and sugar, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- If doing salad preparations ahead of time, package and refrigerate each ingredient and dressing separately.
- When ready to serve, toss all ingredients in a serving bowl adding the dressing during the final tossing.