Tuna and California Wild Rice Nicoise
By August 13, 2012Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
Perfect on a hot summer day, this cool, refreshing salad can be served as a main course for lunch or as a light dinner.
Recipe courtesy of: California Wild Rice Advisory Board
- 4 fresh ahi tuna steaks
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sat
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 3 cups California Wild Rice cooked
- 8 sun-dried tomatos rehydrated and julienne
- 3 green onions chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 lb mixed baby greens or butter lettuce
- 3 slices pancetta optional
- Dijon Vinaigrette:
1/4 cup sherry vinegar or other wine vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
Mix well to blend. Set aside.
- Rinse fish and pat dry.
- In large sauté pan, combine wine, water, salt, pepper, parsley, tarragon, and thyme. Bring to boil and boil 2 minutes.
- Add tuna steaks; reduce heat and simmer covered 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Remove fish from liquid and cool. Break into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Combine cooked wild rice, sun-dried tomatoes, green onions, chopped parsley, tuna and Dijon vinaigrette; toss to mix well. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, place a mound of baby greens on each plate. Spoon wild rice mixture over mixed baby greens and garnish with pancetta.