Creamy Wild Rice Ambrosia
By August 13, 2012Published:
- Yield: 12-14 Servings
Warm weather, family barbecues and cool desserts! Perfect for a day in the sun with the family or a quick treat for the kids. Guaranteed to take the edge off of a hot summer day!
Recipe courtesy of: California Wild Rice Advisory Board
- 1 cup California Wild Rice (3 cups uncooked)
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks drained
- 1 can (11 oz) mandarin oranges drained
- 1 can (3 oz) maraschino cherries drained and halved
- 1 cup walnuts broken
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup coconut flaked
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped (or a 9-oz carton frozen whipped topping, thawed)
- 1 package (4-serving) lemon pudding prepared and cooled
- Cook wild rice following package directions. Cool.
- Combine with fruit, nuts, marshmallows and coconut.
- Combine whipped cream and pudding; fold into wild rice-fruit mixture. Turn into serving dish.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Course: Side Dish