Wild Rice Mediterranean with Tuna
By August 13, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 2 cups California Wild Rice cooked
- 1/2 cup red onion coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves pressed or very finely chopped
- 2 tsp mixed dried herbs, such as thyme, parsley, summer savory or oregano or 1/2 cup mixed fresh summer herbs, bruised and very finely chopped
- 1 cup zuchinni unpeeled, cut into 1/4-inch slized
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 fresh grilled or broiled tuna steaks or 1 can (6.5 oz) chunk tuna, drained
- Prepare wild rice, zucchini and red onion.
- Heat olive oil with the garlic, salt and herbs, pressing with the back of a wooden spoon to extract flavors. Add zucchini and onion and sauté about 1 minute, turning gently once.
- Add cooked wild rice and sauté until heated through. Do not overcook vegetables.
- Serve hot as a side dish with fresh tuna steaks, using fresh parsley and herbs to garnish.
- If fresh tuna is not available, drain the can of tuna and reserve the nicest whole chunks. Divide the remaining pieces of tuna on two individual serving plates or platter and top with hot wild rice and zucchini mixture. Arrange the reserved chunks of tuna on top and garnish with fresh parsley and/or herbs.
- Cuisine: Mediterrarean
- Course: Entrée