Wild Rice Blinis with Herring Tartare
By August 13, 2012Published:
- Yield: 10 Servings
Recipe courtesy of: California Wild Rice Advisory Board
- 4 cups California Wild Rice cooked
- 1/2 cups fresh herbs minced
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- sunflower oil
- 1 oz fresh chives
- 14 oz herring fillets drained and minced
- 1/3 cup challots minced
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Mix wild rice, herbs, eggs, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Form into 30 patties; fry in oil until crisp.
- Chop enough chives to yield 5 T; cut remainder into 2 cm lengths.
- Mix herring and shallots, spoon onto serving plates; sprinkle with chopped chives.
- Arrange 3 Blinis on each plate; garnish with chive pieces and a dollop of sour cream.
- Course: Entrée