Sole and Shrimp on Wild Rice
By August 13, 2012Published:
- Yield: 10 Servings
Like shrimp and sole? Combine it with wild rice to add wild rice's signature flavor and texture for an unbeatable dinner.
Recipe courtesy of: California Wild Rice Advisory Board
- 2 1/2 cups California Wild Rice uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 6 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup double heavy cream
- 14 oz raw shrimp peeled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh dill
- 20 3-oz sole fillets
- Simmer wild rice in water and 4 cups wine for 40 minutes or until tender. Boil off any remaining liquid.
- Reduce heat; add cream and shrimp. Cook, stirring constantly, until shrimp are pink.
- Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice and dill; set aside and keep warm.
- Roll fillets and poach in remaining wine approximately 10 minutes.
- Make beds of wild rice mixture on serving plates, top each with two fillet rolls and serve with side salad.
- Course: Entrée