Lemon Wild Rice Consommé
By August 13, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 cups clear beef broth
- 10 slivers lemon peel or 4 thin lemon slices
- 2 cups California Wild Rice cooked
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded Boston or leaf lettuce
- Heat beef broth and lemon juice until very hot or just to a boil, but do not allow to boil for any amount of time.
- Place ¼ cup shredded lettuce and ½ cup wild rice in each of 4 soup cups or bowls.
- Divide slivers of lemon peel and/or lemon slices in each bowl. Dividing evenly, pour hot beef liquid over other soup ingredients and serve immediately.
- Note: Soup can be served cold or at room temperature, but beef broth and lemon juice should be heated together and allowed to cool to room temperature. If serving soup this way, do not combine lettuce and broth until broth is cooled to room temperature.
- Course: Soup