Zucchini with Wild Rice Stuffing
By August 13, 2012Published:
- Yield: 10 Servings
Dying to find a way to get your family to eat healthier? Try this recipe, which is low in calories and the zucchini is high in folic acid, potassium and magnesium
Recipe courtesy of: California Wild Rice Advisory Board
- 10 medium zucchini halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups California Wild Rice cooked
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 5 cups grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scoop out zucchini pulp and place shells on greased baking pan.
- Finely chop pulp; set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter. Add pulp, beef, salt and pepper; brown beef and drain.
- Add wild rice, tomatoes and half the cheese; mix well.
- Mound into shells. Cover; bake 25 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 15 minutes uncovered.
- Course: Side Dish