Venison Noisette on Wild Rice
By August 13, 2012Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
Recipe courtesy of: California Wild Rice Advisory Board
- 1 large head cabbage sliced
- 5 cups California Wild Rice cooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lbs boneless venison fillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Marsala cream sauce:
- 10 juniper berries crushed
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- Blanch cabbage in salted water 1 minute; drain. Add wild rice, salt and pepper; keep warm
- Brown venison in oil on all sides. When medium rare, season with salt and pepper, remove from pan and wrap in aluminum foil to rest 15 minutes.
- Sauce: In same pan, lightly brown juniper berries, add wine and then cream. Reduce liquid slightly (approximately 5 minutes); adjust seasonings.
- To serve: Slice venison and arrange on plates with wild rice mixture. Spoon sauce over meat; serve immediately.
- Course: Entrée