Mexicali Wild Rice Casserole
By August 13, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 cups California Wild Rice cooked
- 1 can (4 oz) green chilies chopped or diced, drained
- 1 cup Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese grated
- 1 can (17 oz) whole kernel corn drained
- 2 cups chunky, mild salsa sauce or medium for hotter flavor
- corn or tortilla chips
- Combine the cooked wild rice with the corn and chilies and spread in a lightly oiled 7 X 11 inch casserole.
- Spread the salsa sauce over this and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Cover and cook at 350° about 30 minutes.
- Serve with a basket of corn or tortilla chips.
- To serve individual servings, heat the casserole ingredients without the cheese and spoon over corn or tortilla chips on individual plates; sprinkle cheese on top and, if desired, heat either under a broiler or in a microwave to melt cheese.